Wrinkles, crow feet, and loose skin are some effects of aging we all have to deal with at some points in our lives. You may have done everything you thought possible to try and prevent them, but they still catch up to you sooner or later. The good news is that there are several natural ingredients that can help you fight those effects to a significant extent.
While many women (and men) automatically look for instant and effective results to tackle the issue, this isn’t always recommended. For instance, Botox may be popular and effective, but it’s not really the best solution for wrinkles. Plastic surgeons who truly care about aesthetics won’t generally recommend Botox due to the possible side effects resulting from prolonged use. Take a look at some of these natural ingredients before you resort to invasive treatment options for the effects of aging:
- Natural oils – Antioxidant-rich natural oils like camellia oil, sunflower oil, and pomegranate oil are some of the best natural ingredients to tackle the signs of aging. Their Vitamin E content promotes the generation of collagen, resulting in a healthy and youthful skin without any invasive therapy. Additionally, the antioxidant in these oils helps protect the skin from getting damaged due to the prolonged exposure to the elements. Just layer it over your regular sunscreen and you’re good to go.
- White tea – Good news for tea lovers; white tea can help fight the signs of aging… but not in the way that you think. If you want to tackle those bags under your eyes, all you need to do is brew a cup of white tea and then soak a facecloth in it once it cools down a bit. You can then place the warm cloth over your eyes. The heat opens up the pores, infusing the tea into your skin. White tea is rich in antioxidants, neutralizing free radicals that are known to cause skin aging. It can deflate those bags under your eyes and keeps your skin healthy.
- Avocado – You already know that avocado is healthy. But did you know that it can seriously improve skin health and prevent signs of aging? Rich in Vitamins A, E, and D; avocado moisturizes your skin and combats free radicals that can age the skin. The Vitamin E in avocado improves collagen production, leaving your skin smooth and youthful. It can also reduce age spots and protect your skin from harmful UV rays. You can either create a face mask out of avocado and honey or use avocado oil as body oil.
- Egg whites – Perfect for those with oily skin, egg whites are simple to use and can help you tackle the signs of aging naturally. All you need to do is apply the egg whites directly on to your face. This will draw out the impurities that can damage and age the skin including the excess oil that leaves your face feeling oily and grimy. You can then rinse it off with lukewarm water after about 10 minutes.
- Citrus fruits –Vitamin C is popularly known for its anti-aging properties. With citrus fruits being rich in this vitamin, they’re an excellent choice for those who wish to get younger-looking skin. You can start by having more fruits on a daily basis. Even just a slice of grapefruit or lemon in your water could work wonders. You can also apply some organic orange juice to your skin to brighten it. Citrus fruits work from the inside out, cleaning up toxins and impurities responsible for skin damage and aging.
- Coconut – Rich in anti-bacterial properties and packed with medium-chain fatty acids, coconut is one of those ingredients that can help you fight the signs of aging. Regular consumption of coconut can boost your immune system and the kind of fat it contains won’t make you fat. When applied under the eyes before bed, coconut oil can hydrate your skin and tackle issues like dark circles, fine lines, and bags.
- Walnuts – Walnut acts as a gentle yet effective natural exfoliant that plays a huge role in fighting the effects of aging. It buffs away dead skin along with dirt and oil that can make your skin feel rough and look dull. When mixed with yogurt and almond oil, you’ll get a mask with an all-round anti-aging property. The yogurt contains lactic acid, which refines your skin texture and tightens pores. With the almond oil, your skin gets moisturized and becomes smooth and soft.
- French green clay – One of the most renowned natural skincare ingredients, French green clay is rich in natural minerals. It uses electrical charges from the earth to draw out impurities and toxins from deep within the skin. This helps tackle skin damage and aging. When used as a face mask, French green clay cleanses pores and reduces their size, while toning and softening dry skin. If you’re struggling with acne and oily skin also, you’re in luck because this ingredient provides a natural solution for those issues as well.
- Dead Sea salt – You’ve probably heard of the healing effects of the Dead Sea. Now those effects are within your access with Dead Sea salt. This natural ingredient has a unique mineral composition that aids skin metabolism, while slowing down the aging effects on skin. You can also mix it with natural oils and apply it on your skin to reduce deep wrinkles. Additionally, Dead Sea salt can be used for stimulating blood circulation in your body and relieve arthritis pain and body aches if you soak in a bath containing the ingredient.
So now you have some of the best natural ingredients that can help you tackle the signs of aging effectively without the use of harmful chemicals and invasive treatments. In addition to this, practicing some healthy skincare habits will do a great deal in preventing the effects of aging on your skin. Make sure you choose something that suits your skin type and don’t hesitate to stop when you feel a certain ingredient is causing you problems.