One of the most un-sexy realities that can ever happen to skin on your face is saggy skin. While a lot of people would normally be concerned about wrinkles and crow’s feet growing some place around their eyes and lips, saggy skin is often very easy to overlook but, once it’s there, it’s impossible not to notice.
What’s With The Droop?
There are several factors that can affect how and at what rate your skin appears loosened up. Other than the genes that you inherited, the top 5 other factors that causes saggy skin on the face are listed below:
- Sun Damage. UV always tops the list of factors that ages and damages your skin, including eye bags, and not excluding droopiness. Loss of skin elasticity due to permanent damages induced by UVA and UVB rays on your skin is the major culprit.
- Gravity. You can’t beat it so there’s really no point in preventing damage caused by gravity.
- Senescence. Your body’s natural aging process eventually opens up limitless opportunities for multiple skin damage to set in, that includes saggy skin.
- Sudden weight change. Sudden weight loss can make your skin appear loose and saggy as well. That’s what happens when you don’t give your body, including your skin, the luxury of time to gradually lose your excess fat and weight.
- Stress and lack of sleep. Both of which affect physiological mechanisms in your body that compromise your skin’s elasticity, density and volume in the long run. Both of which slows down the rate at which your skin repairs damages until these build up and, over time, manifest as skin imperfections on the surface of your skin.
- The One of the reason also might be Cellulite.Get up and start working out, there are also many cellulite products available in market.
7.Ways To Restore Firm Face Skin
Even when several factors listed above are way beyond what you can control, there are still at least 7 ways by which you can influence how badly and how quickly your skin suffers and becomes saggy. Here are 7 solutions that you can try right now:
- Get on an anti-aging regimen. Alpha and beta hydroxy acids infused in your leave-on creams can help speed up repair and recovery by encouraging your skin to regenerate and turnover faster. Other ingredients that you should also be looking for are peptides, co-enzyme Q10, antioxidants, and retinol. These anti-aging products will also be excellent solutions to other skin imperfections that include wrinkles, age spots, dark circles, and eye bags.
- Consider getting a filler injection. Collagen and hyaluronic acid fillers can help significantly draw in moisture to plump and pull up your saggy skin. Results are visible as soon as the filler-filled syringe has been emptied into your skin. You should, however, keep in mind that results last up to 3 months on the average only, and that once you get into such procedure, you should be on maintenance visits for life to retain the results.
- Radio Frequency Therapy. This has gained wide acclaim for delivering immediately noticeable results without painful injections and surgery. It heals your skin matrix by systematically delivering radio waves to the superficial and deeper layers of your skin. By doing so, it stimulates your skin’s collagen and elastin production which, in turn, supports the delivery of mechanisms necessary to restore your skin elasticity and overall health.
- Intense Pulsed Light. Speeds up and enhances skin turnover to rejuvenate and tighten your skin. Often, laser treatment therapies for saggy skin are combined with RF therapy to make positive, visible results happen sooner. The procedure lasers of different wave lengths to penetrate your skin at varying degrees.
- Cryotherapy. These procedures utilize a device that delivers alternating cold and warm sensations to help rejuvenate your skin cells and stimulate it to firm up your skin tone.
- Ultrasound. This procedure utilizes ultrasonic waves to stimulate collagen production and speed up skin recovery from saggy skin.
- Chemical Peels and Microdermabrasion. Also, other procedures that operate similarly, that is, scraping off the top layer to force a skin turnover that surfaces a lesser damaged layer, can also be used to help tighten saggy skin.
Diane Von Furstenberg once said, “Aging is out of your control. How you handle it, though, is in your hands”. You can’t allow yourself to be preoccupied with your skin aging concerns 24/7 or, these will take the best of you, and you’ll probably agree it isn’t worth it. What we do know is that your youthful skin is worth fighting for, if only you can keep your expectations more realistic.